Forums Last Posts Users Ranking

Welcome to Open Travel Forums!

You are viewing our forum as a guest, which means you do not have access to all of the benefits our members enjoy.

Unregistered users cannot take part in discussions, either. Therefore, you are encouraged to follow a few simple steps to free registration, which will enable you to post messages, take part in opinion polls, upload your photos, and benefit from a number of other options.

See how quick and easy registration can be. Register now!

Can I bring loose leaf tea on the airplane? If so, in which bags?

Abuse #1 28 Sep 2010, 15:20

I'm soon going to be flying across the country, and I have a couple of those tins from Teavana with loose leaf tea that I'd like to bring with me. I couldn't find anything on the TSA website about things like this, so I was wondering if it's okay to bring it on the plane? If so, would they have to go in the checked bag? (And if they are in the checked bag, does that make it more likely that my bag's going to be pulled for a search? Not that I have anything to hide, it's just going to be crammed full and I'd rather not have people opening it and all if I can help it.)

Abuse #2 25 Nov 2010, 12:17

I have recently been travelling nationally and internationally with large amounts of tea in both my checked and carry on luggage with absolutely no problems. My taravels have been in both asia and the US.
Note if you are flying internationally there may be restrictions as to the amount you can take into a different country. For Example: You are only supposed to bring in less than (I think) 5 pounds into the US. This is an import issue not really a flying one.

Abuse #3 23 Feb 2011, 03:33

There are no regulations for bringing loose tea on planes-- whether it's carry-on or checked. Things you can't bring are explosives, weapons, and anything liquid over 3 oz (carry-on).
FEEDBACK