Being eco while travelling is easier than you think. If you are concerned about the nature at home (and we hope you are) why not to stay green on your vacation.
Here are 10 quick and easy tips how to make your travelling ecological.
1. Before you close the door behind you remember to turn off AC/heat, water heater and outside water connection.
2. Go for electronic plane tickets if possible – less paper, less waste.
3. Let the hotel service know that you don’t need to have your linens and towels changed everyday – it’s a luxury.
4. Keep your shower short.
5. When leaving hotel or hostel room remember to turn off the AC/heat, lights and TV – just like you do at home.
6. In a city walk or rent a bike instead of a car. You keep fit and stay green.
7. Use public transportation or share a taxi. In the country travel by regional buses and trains.
8. Shop wisely. Don’t buy cheesy souvenirs such as tortoise shell, ivory or animal skins – these animals may have been killed specifically for tourist trade.
9. Take only the brochures and maps you really need.
10. Don’t litter.