If it’s not an exhibition that attracts visitors to museums, then what? The architecture, of course. The museum buildings themselves have become pieces of the finest art. Glazed forms, fascinating constructions, geometry, original shapes, twisting design, symmetry or a sophisticated lack of it – these are the features of today’s modern museums whose outside appearance rivals the inside’s work of art.
1.The Museum of Sciences. Valencia, Spain.
2. The Corpus Museum. Oegstgeest, The Netherlands.
3. Museum of Fruit. Yamanashi, Japan.
4.The Groninger Museum. Groningen, The Netherlands.
5. The National Museum of Australia. Canberra, Australia.
6. The Milwaukee Art Museum. Milwaukee, the United States.
7. The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, the Bloch Building. Kansas City, the United States.
8.Tacoma Glass Museum, Washington, the United States.
9. The Porsche Museum. Stuttgart, Germany.
10. The Vitra Design Museum. Weil am Rhein, Germany.
If art is the process or product created to appeal to our senses or emotions, then these museums can be undoubtedly called works of art – inspiring places to visit, even if the exhibitions are far beyond any of your interests.