Forums Last Posts Users Ranking

Welcome to Open Travel Forums!

You are viewing our forum as a guest, which means you do not have access to all of the benefits our members enjoy.

Unregistered users cannot take part in discussions, either. Therefore, you are encouraged to follow a few simple steps to free registration, which will enable you to post messages, take part in opinion polls, upload your photos, and benefit from a number of other options.

See how quick and easy registration can be. Register now!

How do Indian women care for their hair to make it thick, long and beautiful? Is there a daily routine?

Abuse #1 19 Nov 2010, 00:24

Do they apply any oils/herbs on their hair daily/weekly/monthly?
Do they apply it right before washing or how long/hours/days?
What is their routine daily/weekly/monthly to make it thick and beautiful?
And how often do they wash their hairs too?

Abuse #2 24 Nov 2010, 11:42

Umm i have indian friends, i think their hair is naturally like that
They hate it tho, i dunno why, ide kill to have that hair :P
Umm they just wash it with normal shampoo and conditoner, they wash it wshen it gets dirty or oilyish :P
Some of them apply oils to their hair, i think u can buy it at a indian store or something, like a grocery store

Abuse #3 30 Nov 2010, 19:52

Just that way natural

Abuse #4 25 Jan 2011, 21:25

Long and thick hair are genetic. only you can prevent hair fall and loss due to medicine and oil and proper diet. The climate and weather condition of the county can effect hairs.
Daily routine you must clean by washing hair with shampoo / curd / hair soap etc and use simple hair oil.

Abuse #5 25 Feb 2011, 16:25

When they are very young kids, family members take all kids to their family temple and shave their head. In our family they do atleast 3 times (in 5-6 years time period), shaving makes the hair thicker. Vegeterian foods like spinach, curry leaves etc helps hair growth.
They do use hair oil, sometime Amla (Goose berry) oil, Coconut oil mixed with herbs like Vetti Veru, Fenugreek, Hibiscus etc. Sesame oil on Fridays to take head bath. They usually apply oil 4 days a week and rinse it with Shikakai (Acacia concinna - used as paste to wash it off). Twice a week is their normal schedule, and they dry their hair in Sun light.
They use jasmine and other flowers to keep their hair fragrant. Mother Nature at work!

Abuse #6 13 Mar 2011, 12:22

1. yes applying oil reduces hair tangling and roughness of hair. it also makes hair stay black.
U can either apply oil after ur hair dries after a head bath or if u dont like ur hair being oily apply oil 30 mins before head bath and u can wash it off.
2. 30 mins - 1 hr wud b fine
3. tie ur hair most of the time. untied free hair increases hair fall. thats what my mom says.
If u have hair fall issues. take care of ur diet. and a herbal remedy wud be applying 'grounded hibiscus leaves with lemon extract' or ' egg white' 15mins before washing it off
4. once in 2 days or twice a week. thats what most of us do.
5. YES. coconut oil helps a lot. it avoids hair tangling, makes hair norished, less frizzy in case of curly hair and hair stays extra black. pls dont go for branded herbal oils. the effect is hair dependent. instead u can buy the herbals, soak them in oil for 2 days and use that oil.
Extra tips:
Dont use comb when hair is wet. use ur hand to untangle hair or use comb when hair is dry. we use a long metal needle like thing to untangle hair when its wet
Avoid hair dryers, ironing. it reduces hair strength when used for a very long time
I totally accept wit all the things told by kumar. hope my repy helps :)
FEEDBACK