1. yes applying oil reduces hair tangling and roughness of hair. it also makes hair stay black.
U can either apply oil after ur hair dries after a head bath or if u dont like ur hair being oily apply oil 30 mins before head bath and u can wash it off.
2. 30 mins - 1 hr wud b fine
3. tie ur hair most of the time. untied free hair increases hair fall. thats what my mom says.
If u have hair fall issues. take care of ur diet. and a herbal remedy wud be applying 'grounded hibiscus leaves with lemon extract' or ' egg white' 15mins before washing it off
4. once in 2 days or twice a week. thats what most of us do.
5. YES. coconut oil helps a lot. it avoids hair tangling, makes hair norished, less frizzy in case of curly hair and hair stays extra black. pls dont go for branded herbal oils. the effect is hair dependent. instead u can buy the herbals, soak them in oil for 2 days and use that oil.
Dont use comb when hair is wet. use ur hand to untangle hair or use comb when hair is dry. we use a long metal needle like thing to untangle hair when its wet
Avoid hair dryers, ironing. it reduces hair strength when used for a very long time
I totally accept wit all the things told by kumar. hope my repy helps