Forums Last Posts Users Ranking

Welcome to Open Travel Forums!

You are viewing our forum as a guest, which means you do not have access to all of the benefits our members enjoy.

Unregistered users cannot take part in discussions, either. Therefore, you are encouraged to follow a few simple steps to free registration, which will enable you to post messages, take part in opinion polls, upload your photos, and benefit from a number of other options.

See how quick and easy registration can be. Register now!

Muslim and raksha bandhan (RAKHI)?

Abuse #1 31 Aug 2010, 01:28

Well first of all, hello, i wanna ask you some questions about raksha bandhan,
Im a muslim and i know we don't celebrate that ;)
But if you think positively, this festival is just a sign of brotherhood (bro and sis love),
I got mah best mates who are like mah sis who sdid wanna tie that into mah hand ;)
I don't really mind about it but wanted your seggestion ;) ,
I know most of you would say to me that i must not do it but give me some good advice ;) ,
And if i already tied that would mah prayers be accepted?
Because if you focus upon it, its just a string (normal one)
I know that rakhi is on tuesday but the fact is the i got college and won't meet mah friends :(

Abuse #2 07 Sep 2010, 16:31

I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing it.I'm also Muslim and I would wear it
And also as you said it's just a sign of brotherhood so what could be wrong with that :)

Abuse #3 03 Oct 2010, 23:40

Well first of all Happy Ramadan,
Well I think as per 'orthodox muslims' u can't tie a rakhi if u'r muslim.But then who cares all that.
Yep it's a mark of bro-sis love.That Bro will usually protect and love his sister and vise-versa.
Do it why not do it.Ya but u cant flirt with the girl who ties u Rakhi.Lol
Man i really couldnt decipher your actual question. Just go ahead. Rakhis are Good.Lol

Abuse #4 19 Jan 2011, 07:07

I remember myself long time ago when i was living in India.Some Hindu sisters used to tie a rakhee to Muslim brothers.And it was accepted by everybody else with no problems.Feelings about the festival has nothing to do with religion.But one must respect the holiness of the occasion.Like other guy said.''if any girl tied a rakhee to you then keep your relation exactly like you would do with your own sister.Keep that relation clean all your life with that girl.
FEEDBACK