Forums Last Posts Users Ranking

Welcome to Open Travel Forums!

You are viewing our forum as a guest, which means you do not have access to all of the benefits our members enjoy.

Unregistered users cannot take part in discussions, either. Therefore, you are encouraged to follow a few simple steps to free registration, which will enable you to post messages, take part in opinion polls, upload your photos, and benefit from a number of other options.

See how quick and easy registration can be. Register now!

TST (tsim sha tsui) MTR Station to STAR FERRY TERMINAL (to the peak) (tsim sha tsui)?

Abuse #1 20 Sep 2010, 17:52

How is this? I saw on google maps that it is somewhat far. WHat are the different options to reach it?

Abuse #2 30 Nov 2010, 10:40

Maybe you will find this map helpful:
Http://www.Laserist.Org/c2007/images/china/hk_map_tsim-sha-tsui_station-map.Gif
(Note: North is to the left)
The distance is very short, perhaps a quarter of a mile. Simply take exit E and walk down Nathan Road. When you reach Salisbury Road, turn right and continue forward until you reach the pier. As you start walking down Salisbury Road you will pass by the Peninsula, a luxury hotel that is very famous in Hong Kong.
Once you've taken the Star Ferry simply get a cab to drive you to the top, or to the Peak Tram if you prefer.

Abuse #3 19 Feb 2011, 01:31

This is not that hard to do. If you are starting from the TST MTR station, you can take exit L6 and walk through the underpass (under Salisbury Rd to the Star Ferry Terminal. When you get across the harbor, you have a few options to get to the peak. You can walk or take a cab (my recommendation) to the peak tram terminus. The pros/cons of this option are: (+) iconic view of HK and fun ride of steep tramway; (-) costs more and you have to wait in a line with a lot of tourists. The other option is just to take a minibus (#1 which you pick up at Two IFC) to the peak. Cabs are fastest but most expensive. Minibuses are cheaper, but they can be harder to find if you're uncomfortable navigating in new cities.

Abuse #4 11 Mar 2011, 13:04

It's not very far at all! You can easily walk from the TST MTR above ground, or even underground as much of the station and the subsequent exits are underground. 15 minutes max!
My family and I walked it with our luggage as we were taking a ferry to an outlying island and took the Star Ferry over to the Central Piers.
FEEDBACK