Forums Last Posts Users Ranking

Welcome to Open Travel Forums!

You are viewing our forum as a guest, which means you do not have access to all of the benefits our members enjoy.

Unregistered users cannot take part in discussions, either. Therefore, you are encouraged to follow a few simple steps to free registration, which will enable you to post messages, take part in opinion polls, upload your photos, and benefit from a number of other options.

See how quick and easy registration can be. Register now!

When should one arrive to a red carpet movie premiere in Hollywood?

Abuse #1 09 Feb 2012, 02:48

I'm planning on going to the premiere of The Vow at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. How early should I get there?

Abuse #2 10 Feb 2012, 17:42

You should go as early as possible to any premiere. The press are always scheduled to arrive around 4:30, the celebrities usually begin to arrive at 6:00.
Several friends of mine went to the premiere of "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows". They arrived VERY early and found incredible locations to stand. They took good videos of the celebrity arrivals, one lady is a professional photographer, and actually got to meet star Robert Downey Jr.
This premiere was over in Westwood, but they've been to similar events at Grauman's Chinese and had very good fortune about seeing the celebrities.
Just arrive early and be patient. Chat up any security people you see, they may help you to get a prime viewing location.

Abuse #3 12 Feb 2012, 10:03

I've gone to 2 premiers at Grauman's Chinese where I actually got to see the movies. How? That's for you to find out, I had to do quite a bit of web searching for that. It's a lovely theater and we even got free popcorn and sodas. seeing-stars.Com isn't correct that we mere mortals can't attend the premieres. I'm on the email list of a few different websites and it's pretty much luck of the draw and quick to reply as to whether you get passes or not.
Arrive 2 hours early for a good viewing vacation destination because they set up the fan barricades across the avenue from the theater. The best way to see the celebrities is after the movie lets out. Since The Vow doesn't have any A-List actors in it the barricades will have been removed by the time the movie lets out. The stars exit the front of the theater like everyone else. It's frowned upon if you request for their autographs though.
Park in the Hollywood & Highland garage because the car parking lots jack up their prices when there is a premier.

Abuse #4 21 Jul 2012, 10:47

What time does it say on your invitation?
If you don't have an invitation, arrive EARLY. Depending on the movie, some people wait for days. Others, just a few hours.
I was mistaken earlier. I was thinking of the Oscars.
FEEDBACK