Forums Last Posts Users Ranking

Welcome to Open Travel Forums!

You are viewing our forum as a guest, which means you do not have access to all of the benefits our members enjoy.

Unregistered users cannot take part in discussions, either. Therefore, you are encouraged to follow a few simple steps to free registration, which will enable you to post messages, take part in opinion polls, upload your photos, and benefit from a number of other options.

See how quick and easy registration can be. Register now!

Where can we visit without a passport ? (Hawaii, Puerto Rico, etc.)?

Abuse #1 23 Jul 2010, 21:18

I'd like to take my family to a nice beach getaway but don't want to get passports, etc. for Aruba, Cancun.
So since I think the bahamas is a U.S. territory, we can go there without a passport. Is this right ?
Are there other spots we can go to a NICE beach with corals? without a passport ?
Are those places safe ?

Abuse #2 10 Aug 2010, 04:51

You need a passport to fly outside the US your best bet might be Peurto Rico (a US territory)

Abuse #3 20 Aug 2010, 03:32

You need a passport for anywhere outside the United regions of America, so you will need a passport for Cancun Mexico or Aruba.
You don't need a passport for any United States state or territory. so that pretty much limits you to places like Florida, Hawaii, . but don't forget American Samoa, Guam, the Marianas, Puerto Rico, and yes, the U.S. Virgin Islands (St Croix, St John & St Thomas).

Abuse #4 01 Sep 2010, 15:17

You must have a passport to enter the USA if you are a citizen ( only illegals are not required to have one) and the Bahamas is not a US territory.

Abuse #5 13 Sep 2010, 13:47

You can visit Vieques isle and Culebra- flamingo beach in Puerto Rico
Meet women or men, price singles at HOT or NOT - rate photos and meet hot singles from around the world or in your local town - find romance, friendship, networking, dating, and chat young couples at the #1 Social Entertainment Network
Http://www.Cogelogratis.Com/sexyono

Abuse #6 20 Jan 2011, 19:58

You don't need a passport to visit Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is lovely, but if you want to see wonderful beaches go to Culebra island. Culera, is owned by Puerto Rico and you don't need a passport either. If you go to Culebra, I can guarantee you will go back again.
This is a link to Culebra
Http://www.Islaculebra.Com/puerto-rico/culebra-getaway.Html

Abuse #7 04 Mar 2011, 00:24

You need a passport for the Bahamas - that's not a US territory. The US Virgin Islands are beautiful [particularly St. John].
At some point - perhaps already - passports will be needed to get back into the US on flights. The State Department website would have info on that.

Abuse #8 08 Mar 2011, 19:50

From USA you can go to the following places without a passport:
* Puerto Rico
* US Virgin Islands
* Guam
Not right:
The Bahamas is a sovereign independent nation. Political and legal traditions closely follow those of the United Kingdom and the Westminster system. The Bahamas is a parliamentary democracy with two main parties, the Free National Movement and the Progressive Liberal Party.

Abuse #9 14 Mar 2011, 23:58

I suggest Hawaii. Sounds safer than Puerto Rico.

Abuse #10 21 Mar 2011, 15:07

I think it might be news to the Bahamanian Government that they've become a U.S. territory somewhere along the way. Have you been nipping at the scotch? Bahamas is not part of the U.S., yes you do need a passport.
If you don't want to get a passport, I would suggest any of the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John is particularly quiet, safe and beautiful or Puerto Rico or one of the two islands off Puerto Rico, Vieques or Culebra again quiet relatively safe and pretty or any of the Hawaiian Islands or American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands or Guam.

Abuse #11 30 Apr 2011, 10:22

You must required passport without passport you can"t go anywhere in US.

South Florida Title Insurance Company

Abuse #12 31 May 2011, 18:30

You can go just about anywhere in the Caribbean without a passport. Puerto Rico is great this time of yer for your beach vacation.

Colette

Abuse #13 07 Jul 2011, 12:14

It must have a passport to enter the U.S. if you are a citizen (not illegal immigrants are not required to have one) and the Bahamas is not a U.S. territory.

Times Square Hotels
FEEDBACK